....

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer Confessions

I am LOVING summer break. I don't ever remember endulging in a summer break quite as I have this one. (Of course being pregnant adds a kink to the whole "endulging" idea anyway.) Something I have always loved about my husband is that we don't have to have PLANS. Especially in the summer--->
 we just GO! There's never been a dull moment in the Percifull household, but there is especially never a dull moment during the months of June and July. We make each day count SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY and I relish every moment. 

 Just a few of our mini-adventures so far:

 
We love the water in the summer time. The lake is our regular oasis these days.
"Nothing to do today? Let's get on the lake!"
Music cranked up, some sun soaking,  and soft riding across the waves...
The back "ledge" of the boat is my favorite.
See Jared (exhibit A) just chill-laxin!

And we bought the FUNNEST tube E-V-E-R!
It's a sit-down-relax-you-won't-fall-off kind of tube (unless you are brave enough to take Jared's Especial Ride----ouch!). 


Sometimes we cruise on over to "Sandy Beach" on the weekends where TONS of boats park and play. Pretty cool!


This year I finally got to go to the Colonial Pro golf Tournament in Fort Worth. It was a SCORCHER but quite the experience. (Yes mom, I drank plenty of water). I may have had more pictures to share, but after pulling out my phone... I was reprimanded by golf security. VERY SCARY! But we got to see some famous faces: Mickelson, Pavin, Barnes, Daly, to name a few...
Tiger is afraid to play in Texas, I guess.


My dad got to venture toward our parts and attend the festivities with us, so that was fun. The picture below is RIGHT BEFORE I was nearly arrested by G.S. It was a close one. But Dad scared them away with his $5.99 Hawaiin shirt from Wally World. ha ha ha! Cool pic though.


Sometimes Jared and I venture out and wine and dine ourselves. One fine stop thus far was Texas de Brazil and it is amazinggggggggggg.

Annnnnnnnd their desserts are great too...
SSShhhhhhh!

Watermelon is not usually something I like to sit and eat. I always wished I could be one of those watermelon eaters. It just seems American to me to eat watermelon during hot weather... but it just wasn't one of my favorite fruits.
BUT oh-not-so-true on pregnant taste buds. My good lil' friend Kayla brought some watermelon to the pool last weekend and OOOH LA LA! I liked me some watermelon! I was so surprised and delighted at the same time that I finally fit in as the All American Summer girl... who likes watermelon! (at least during my pregnant days anywho).

My flower beds are still a growing- and yes the weeds are too.
 I just can't beat 'em! I've done some cleaning and reorganizing but there was that one day....................

 when I did a whole lot of NOTHING!
Oh, and I don't feel guilty about it one bit. I deserve much more after this year of educating those creeps they call 6th graders. So Fibi and I just stayed in our lounge clothes and watched T.V. and did a little napping and such. It was a good one!

Opa, Marla's dad, is visiting while Oma is traveling Germany and visiting family. So Marla-May took us all out to the ballgame! Marla, Mike, Opa, Jake, Adair, Joe, Dustin, Pooh, Jared and self for some good 'ole baseball enjoyment at Ranger stadium. As you can tell I really enjoyed the game...
hahaha! Cotton Candy was priority and my good ole hubby met my needs, what can I say?!
And if you must know, NO- I did not eat the whole bag. Marla finished off the bottom for me.


I went to my high-risk doctor on June 7th. Everything was wonderful! I get a sonogram every month, so I will really get to know this little thing. He/She was swimming everywhere. Hands-up. Hands down. Kicks. Jumps. Turns. The little peanut wouldn't be still. THAT'S A GOOD THING! I loved it! I am 13 weeks, still taking lovenox shots, and definitley measuring healthier on the scale than the first pregnancy- if ya know what I mean. I guess thats good for now... maybe not so much afterwards. Measurements and heartbeat were perfect. This visit sure put a smile on Jared and I's faces. And... we had a sneak peak of the possible sex of baby Percifull. BUT I WON'T TELL YET!  It's a little early to say for sure, so stay tuned! Next appointment is July 12. Keep sending your prayers. We are so appreciative. 
So here is Percifull Baby 2010!  He/she is looking straight at you with both arms flying beside it's little head.



In the name of summer beginnings...

to be continued.



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Can't wait to find the sex of the baby!!! Still lighting that candle for you and Mike. Love ya, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful for the good baby news!!! loved your blog!! Hope summer is finding yall well! sounds and looks like it from the wonderful pics!! GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete