....

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Weekend Shin-Dig

(Yes, its true, Jared and Dustin purchased matching swim trunks at Wal-Mart!)

What a weekend! Since I'm ALL ALONE out here in Granbury, I cherish when my own family gets to come spend a couple days with me. And I was sooooo lucky that my sister, her baby Austin, and my momma came for the whole 4th of July weekend.
Red, White, and Blue seemed a little bit brighter as soon as I saw them pull up to my house. My bestest inlaws had a little shin-dig at their lakehouse so THAT is where most of the festivities took place.  The weather was perfect with overcast skies on most of Saturday with a few sprinkles now and then. It was perfect for some prego-sun-bathing. I endulged.... of course with a nice, cold, refreshing bottle of------- water at all times.
We got to introduce baby Austin to several FIRSTS! He'd never seen a lake, aka the biggest bathtub in history!  He would just stare at the water with mesmerized eyes. But I think he's still a little too young to stick his toes in... so he only got to look on this trip. He was okay with that! He just sported his GAP sunglasses and owned lake Granbury! Isn't he the cutest chunk of fun you've ever seen!!!!
(and his momma was sure lookin' good too!)

I just couldn't get enough of Aust and I'm sure he was sick of me being in his face.... but oh, how could a normal person possibly resist loving this lil/big bundle??!!
After a long weekend of sun, boating, swimming, and lots of food... Sunday was a little more layed back. As you can see (below) Jared and Fibi spent a little more time on the couch than out on the boat. 4th of July can be draining! ha ha ha!
But the BIG plan was: at 7:00 we would drive to Braums, eat a burger, maybe some ice cream, and remain parked in their parking lot for some A+ seats to the night's firework display. Fireworks were not until 9:45 but we HAD to get a place to "camp" to await the big show. It seemed like a great idea at first... but with a 4 mth old baby--- it seemed like an eternity (you can imagine I'm sure).  BUT NEVERTHELESS--- WE MADE IT! And it was worth it! Did you know that Granbury places in the top 50 biggest firework shows in the whole United States?? The show lasts for a good 30 minutes and the finale is absolutley amazing. Baby Austin LOVED the fireworks!!! The first couple of BOOMS made him jolt a little, but after that he was just quiet and still while we watched Granbury celebrate RED WHITE AND BLUE. It was beautiful.
Monday was a little hard as I had to watch everybody head back west. Jalee and Austin will be visiting more often, hopefully! And mom and I have another adventure coming at the end of July.

Prego update: Monday we go back to Doctor Tabor for our regular monthly checkup and sonogram. We should be able to confirm the sex of the baby. CROSSED FINGERS
I am still taking 2 injections of Lovenox daily to assure that my body does not produce blood clots.
And otherwise, so far, everything is great.
Then Tuesday, Jared and I will be flying to Florida for a vacation on the beach! Can't wait! We can go, relax, and begin thinking about names and plans for the baby room and such. EXCITING!!!!!
So updates and pictures will come upon our return home on the 17th.
Please keep sending your prayers for a healthy pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment