I went to spend time with Bray last night. She looked so comfortable and warm. Her nurse decided she would try some tummy time to see if that would calm Braylin down (Braylin is still widely known to be a strong little thing with a lot of "energy" ha!). For the first time, I watched her sleep so perfectly sound, which is so good for her. She LOVED tummy time! That's when they do their best growing, during their deepest sleep. Her little bed is so fluffy and soft. She also has two little mini bean bags that they use to cuddle her in. She even has a little lovey that I kept for a night so she would have my scent in her little bed. The nurses know what they are doing! The doctors and nurses have got this and God continues to work through their hands.
She is still doing pretty good. Her digestive system is still trying to learn how to cooperate with the rest of her body, which is normal for preemies. They finally gave her a sopository to help her insides figure out what they are supposed to be doing. Until everything gets on track, she has a little IV in her belly button which will provide her with some of the nutrients she needs. And she still has her little sunglasses on. Hopefully her skin will get better and they can turn her therapy light OFF.
| TUMMY TIME! She loved it and looked so relaxed! |
| Growing baby girl. |
So now I will be going home and traveling back and forth to see our baby Bray. I will have to bring her milk at least every other day anyway. My milk will help her so much! Until she gets to come home with us, I will be at the hospital a lot. And I can obssess about her room until then. It will be perfect by the time she gets to finally come home to her very own bed. It seems so far away, but I keep hearing that this will fly by.
God carry us through and embrace our baby girl so that she can grow, grow, grow.
Chrissie,
ReplyDeleteI am a friend of Jalee's, and I've been following your blog about Braylin. I also had a preemie. She was born at 34 weeks 4lbs 2ozs. I agree with you, the hardest thing I ever had to do was leave her in the hospital the day I got discharged. You're going to want to spend all your time in the NICU, but my best advice is to rest and recover as much as possible. I'm not sure how long your commute is, but im sure the NICU nurses will advise you to recover as well. You'll need to be a 100% once she's home, because it's all baby time from there. Little girls are definitely high maintenance,lol, but bring such joy. My prayers are with you and Braylin. Stay strong! She'll be home before you know it :)
I have been praying for baby girl....but for you and your peace as well. I know what it is like to leave without a baby, but having to do it twice.....I can't imagine but so thankful for such a hopeful outcome!! May God wrap himself around that precious baby and comfort you in the times where you need it the most!! Thanks for the updates!!
ReplyDelete