....

Monday, January 10, 2011

3 Months Old

Dear Braylin,


You are three months old! Its hard to believe it has been that long. Everybody was right... time flies and you are growing so fast. Sometimes I make myself slow down so that I can breath-in the moment and realize what I hold in my arms. You seem to be changing everyday and I'm afraid that if I blink I'll regret all that I miss. Gestationally you are not quite a month old yet, but you are still doing so well:

  • you are drinking almost 3 ounces of breast milk
  • you can hold your head up like a champ
  • you are too big for most preemie clothes but not big enough for newborn sizes
  • you are wearing newborn size diapers
  • you weigh about 7 pounds (you will get weighed tomorrow at the doctor so we will know exactly then)
  • your lungs are very HEALTHY according to your loud scream
  • you smile the most beautiful smiles in your sleep
  • you don't particularly like bath time, but you love the part when you rest on your knees so I can wash your backside
  • you are focusing in when people talk to you
  • ceiling fans are very much fun to stare at
  • right now you want to be held. The end.
  • you are sleeping better at night, but fussy getting to sleep
  • you like for me to sing to you (we only do that when nobody else can hear Momma)
  • you obsess over "beak" (pacifier) and I regret giving it to you every time


 You are such a little FIREBALL. Now I completely understand why the nurses in NICU kept telling me that you would "keep us busy" or that you were "high maintenance". UNDERSTATEMENT MUCH. Mornings aren't too bad, IF you will sleep. You are sleeping most of the day but there have been days when you will stay awake the WHOLE day... and you aren't necessarily just enjoying the sunshine either. You are very demanding. IF you are comfortable and somebody accidentally messes with your position-- we hear about it. If you wake up hungry-- we hear about it. If you are bored of being in the same room-- we hear about it. When I change your clothes-- I hear about it. If I kiss your cheek and you didn't want a kiss-- we hear about it.  If I stop bouncing you and you weren't ready to stop-- I hear about it. Whew! You use those powerful lungs quite often during the day and ALWAYS keep me on my toes. I think you are just tired of being a baby and you are ready to be a big girl. I'm not ready for that, so you just need to slow it down, sista.

We still stay at home unless you have a doctor's appointment. Mar-Mar has kept you a couple of times so that Daddy and I could visit our neighbors next door, but I'm still not completely comfortable leaving you behind. When we are just next door, I can run back home to check on you as often as I like. Going beyond 300 feet of you for more than an hour is just out of the question right now. Like a friend told me, I am like a BIG MOMMA BEAR. I'm very protective of you. NOBODY can care for you like I can,  and the few who do get to care for you have to follow all of MY rules and directions.  I am the only one in the world who knows your every need. If anybody was to step on this Momma Bear's toes... they better be ready for a Momma Bear Whoopin'! You may use up every bit of waking energy I have, but I'll give everything and more to assure that you are loved and taken care of my way. This love I have for you is wordless.

In a few days, you are taking your very first road trip to Lubbock to visit NONNYE! We are staying for a little over a week. I look forward to our stay because it's Nonnye's house and I don't have to look after anything else but you. She already has everything we need, so all we take is our clothes. Nonnye makes it very easy! I am nervous about our drive, but we will stop as many times as needed to assure you are happy. We are excited to see Aunt Bean and you will meet Austin for the very first time too.

Our journey continues and I'm sure you will continue to keep us entertained!

                                                                                                                
I love you.                                                      
3 months old


calm before the storm...


AAAGHHHHHHHH!
I can't want to!!!!!


True Colors!


On this very day, you watched it snow for the very first time in your whole life!
You can't tell from the picture, but there were HUGE flakes falling
 in celebration of your first 85 days of life.


ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. So much of this reminds me of my sweet babies, in particular, Brayson. He is such a handful and very high maintenance for a boy. LOL. So glad to see there is another Momma Bear that likes things done a VERY particular way. Cherish every moment. It goes by VERY quickly. My little man will be one next month and Johnna is quickly approaching 3!!! Miss seeing your sweet face at school but so glad you are able to spend this special time with your sweet girl! Be careful on your travels!

    ReplyDelete