....

Friday, January 28, 2011

Color Splash

Most probably know by now, that I resigned from my teaching job so that I can stay home with my angel. Teaching is a passion but another passion I have always had is interior decorating. I LOVE to evaluate a room and think of other ways to move the furniture, hang pictures, or place accessories. I find myself going to people's homes and instead of focusing on the visit I'll be looking around at their decor and thinking of new ways I would decorate it (not necessarily a good thing). You can ask my own mother who is also great at interior decorating... I critique her decorations quite often. ha ha!  Its my dream to someday own a boutique that has gifts, home accessories, and do interior decorating along with it. Someday. So now that I have a little more time to sit and "evaluate" my own home, you wouldn't believe some of the ideas that I have. Luckily my husband, without telling me, already had a plan to paint certain rooms of our house (and finally cover that cheap builder's paint). Surprise! So we found a lady that would do just that... although with a little touch of my own "wild" personality as you will see below. So yes, with a new paint job, comes new decorating needs and ideas. Sadly, we haven't won the lottery so it will have to happen in baby steps but I LOVE sketching out the plan and looking for the perfect pieces. SO MUCH FUN!
Boring Beige to ZESTY ZEBRA!
master bedroom

Dining Area BEFORE

Dining Area AFTER!


So much fun!

So thats that. And the most beautiful decoration in our house is, of course, Miss Braylin Jae Percifull. In all honestly she doesn't allow much time for me to decorate. She is a very "busy" baby and I LOVE every second of her every breath, burp, toot, and scream! My most favorite thing to do is watch her sleep though. There is just something about her innocence that I love to admire while she snoozes. I love those little faces she makes during a dream. And what does she dream about? Her next bottle? The womb? Running out of formula? Does she remember what heaven was like before God sent her down? I look at her and imagine what could be going through her little, brand new mind. Whatever it may be, it's beautiful.

I just love to lay next to her as she sleeps and watch those perfect little faces and beautiful smiles. There is no telling how long I will actually stare at her and then, catch myself, and realize I better get-up and do something--since we are on borrowed time. I want to soak in every ounce of her beauty. There just isn't enough time in the day to get enough of Braylin.




I can only pray that others who have watched our journey or read our story can step-back and realize how blessed they are to have their children. It's so easy to take these "normal" blessings for granted. Life has its SPLASHES OF COLOR and you can decide how beautiful it truly is by realizing what lies right in front of your face. Realize and be thankful. Praise God.





4 comments:

  1. O.K. So Chrissie I am going to send you pics of rooms in my home so you can use your decorating talents and give me some ideas and I can decorate on my, non-lottery winning, teaching salary, budget, also, o.k?!?! I LOVE what you have done in both bathrooms master bedroom and dining room. Miss Braylin is my favorite part, too, though. But I am really serious about sending you pics and getting your advice.... because with work and both of my boys I don't have much time to think about much else right now....We still have both living rooms, kitchen, 3 bathrooms, dining room and master bedroom to decorate in a home built in 1962. Of course it will take a while to get it exactly how i want it but any ideas would be appreciated that we could do now with paint....PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your post and watching your baby girl grow....when I read what you write you can just feel the love you have through your words....I was at my grandmothers on day around christmas and your grandmother called her to wish her a merry christmas and she was telling my grandma all about her....it was so sweet to hear her talking about your sweet girl....Thank You for Sharing her with the rest of us....She is a little doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is getting so big! and is of course so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! did you paint the dining room or is is paper?

    ReplyDelete