....

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

4 Months Old

9 pounds 11 ounces
123 days old
Dear Braylin,

You are changing so fast! Everyday is a new day. There are always new cries, movements, sounds, or your little face will have changed (plumped) overnight. Speaking of face, many people keep telling us that you look just like Daddy. I would have to disagree because you are much more beautiful! I'm pretty sure that you have at least inherited my sense of style and need for bling ---and cute shoes! ha! ha!

You love bath time and talking to Mr. Towel in the bathroom. Y'all seem to have some interesting words to share... I just haven't learned how to speak towel quite yet. Its so cute to watch you use your little voice and communicate with the world around you. You are beginning to notice more and more of your surroundings, including Fibi. We introduced you to Fibi when we brought you home, but I don't think you ever truly realized you had a hairy sister until now. You love to watch the sprinkles of morning sun on the ceiling. I always tell you that Jesus put those sun sprinkles there just for your morning entertainment, and we always thank Jesus for that. Sometimes you watch "Diego" (cartoon) in the mornings. You just noticed the T.V. in the last week but you love to see all of the new colors. And I guess you may learn some spanish from Dora the Explorer and her cousin Diego while you're at it. Each day we have playtime in your room and talk to some of your toys. You have finally started SMILING at those toys in the past couple of weeks and it melts my heart every single darn time! You like your swing... as long as I don't walk away from you for too long. You have figured out little ways to get me back your way (like forgetting how to hold beak in your mouth). I know that you are fine, but I'm not quite comfortable with the whole "let-the-baby-cry-it-out" thing (and may never be). So you could be a little spoiled at the fault of your mother, but OH WELL!

Just the other day, you were sleeping oh so soundly and I suddenly heard your "momma, I'm hurting cry". I rushed over to you and couldn't figure out the problem quite yet, until I saw under your eye... and there was a blob of blood. You had scratched yourself with those Freddy Fingernails of yours. You cried and I cried until we finally held each other long enough to stop the bleeding and redirect. It was the saddest thing... maybe worse than when you have to get shots. So in all of these pictures, you will see, there is a small scratch under your left eye. I'm so sorry baby, girl. More manicures for you!

Last week we had one of the biggest winter storms in a long time. We got 4-5 inches of snow. Schools were canceled and even Daddy got to stay home with us a little more. It was a beautiful site from inside the house, but it caused problems everywhere else. The 2011, NFL Superbowl was hosted in Arlington this year, just right down the road. There were all kinds of festivities planned and I think the weather put somewhat of a "damper" on things. It was pretty cool (no pun intended), because all kinds of celebrities flew-in from all over the world to watch the game right here in North Texas. Not that we cared this year, but for the record the Greenbay Packers won.

Backyard full of snow!

Superbowl in North Texas
Yes, I'm biased but you are just a gorgeous little bundle of love. My little precious button! We still hang out indoors, at home, and play. There have been a few times when I got you out and we headed to Fort Worth for an errand or two. Your momma is very nervous about germs, so that will not be happening too often-- at least until RSV season is over. You are finally sleeping better at night compared to when we first came home. Nevertheless you were indeed born with an ATTITUDE and there is nothing I can do to change your God given personality. Let's just say that you are a woman who knows what she wants (that's a good thing especially when you are older).  Sometimes its hard to make you happy, but you continue to teach me how YOU want things. It's your world, sweetheart. We love you more than these words can express.  

Talking to Momma

Nonnye gave me this outfit before I was born.
 It finally fits!!


I recently learned how to poke out my lip...
I should have learned this trick a LONG time ago!


Intrigued by this world around me










No comments:

Post a Comment