....

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Velcro Game

Stuck.


Braylin is STUCK to me.

Stuck to my side.

We have begun a whole new era in babyhood. Braylin needs to be stuck to me at all seconds of the day. Wake up in the morning. Stuck. She doesn't want me to take a shower, brush my teeth, she hates for me to put make-up on... If the task doesn't involve Braylin STUCK to me, then it is out of the question. Sure, she'd love to play with her toys in the living room... as long as I'm IN her play space. Time to eat? She'd rather sit in my lap while she takes her bites! I suddenly have a little pet leach that hangs onto my leg and tugs on my shirt, begging for me to pick her up. "Please, Momma!"  She suddenly has this GRIP on me, kinda like a baby monkey on their mother's back. "I'll never let go!"

It's flattering I must admit. This is the kind of love that only a mother understands. I wouldn't trade this "stuck game" for the whole world (although I'm a little more tired at the end of the day and my house seems a little bit less tidy and laundry is stacking a bit higher...). She loves me. And I'll take all the attention from her I can get. She's busy and needy right now, AND a blessing that I remember to thank God for every single night.
Precious precious precious.


-velcro'd together-
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.


No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU.
After all,  you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART
 sounds like from the inside.

"Everything I do is because of you,
to keep you safe you with me,
that's my job you see"
~Daddy



f-a-m-i-l-y
l-o-v-e
"STUCK"
a-l-w-a-y-s


No comments:

Post a Comment