....

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

EXTRA! EXTRA! Braylin is TWO!



BRAYLIN JAE IS TWO!

Braylin turning TWO years old means lots of things...

It means my baby is growing. It means she's not REALLY a baby anymore (but mine she'll always be).

It means her vocabulary has almost doubled in the last month. AMAZING. The girl can throw out a 2-3 word sentence sometimes.... THAT MAKES SINCE!

It means she's more aware of the world around her and knows animal names and sounds, she can spot a "choo-choo"from anywhere, she hears and searches for air planes aka "pane", she loves to look out of the car window and look for a "hawsey". 

She has great manners, "Tank-you!", "Pease", "I sowee, Momma", "You ok?" are just a few!

It means she's learned some of the alphabet sounds and words to match! (thanks to her teacher Kiki and
You Tube phonics videos!). She says, "a-a-apple, b-b-ball, c-c-cat, d-d-dog, f-f-fish, h-h-hat, j-j-juice!".
Yes, she skips a couple letters in between, but I think that's pretty impressive!

She can count... okay, sort of,  "1,2, 5.." ha ha!

Braylin being 2 means only 3 more years till she starts school! Whaaaatttt??? 

It means the girl is even busier than ever before. And FUN!


It means she has almost all of her teeth now and eats just about anything she wants! Her new favorite is eating a whole apple. I think she thinks its fun to carry that big thing around, but whatever works.

It means she can tell me when she's about to poop, so potty training is in our near future. Lord,  help us.

It means the terrible 2's may have made their entrance a little early and attitude is evident!
 Braylin has perfected the art of throwing fits.  And sometimes with absolutely NO TEARS! She's soooooo good at it that she can get up off of the floor and move her fit into a room where momma and daddy might see her better. Sometimes I don't even know what the fit is for! But she seems to strongly believe that by collapsing herself onto the ground and screaming, "No! no! no! no! no!...",  will one day get her everything she wants. Good luck with that, sister! Momma's got the ole "turn around and walk the other way" maneuver perfected too!


It means this momma is exhausted at the end of the day, and sometimes I'm ready for a short-mommy-break-away-from-the-precious-baby. This lil girl has her days where she dominates the household (not pretty at all) and when her Daddy is working and I'm alone for 2-3 days it can get ugly! ha ha ha!!

It means even though her attitude is hard to handle, I love that she still adores her Daddy and I.  Even if she's two, I still love to watch her sleep. I love how she looks at up me with those big brown eyes.  I love the way she smells after a bath and lots of baby lotion. I also love her smell after a long day of playing... I'm weird and 'sniff' her often.  I like to watch her talk to her babies when she thinks i'm nowhere to be found. I love the way she wrinkles her tiny button nose. I LOVE when she grabs my neck and squeezes and kisses my mouth. I love the realization that I hear and see myself in what she says and does (they are the best mirrors!). I love the fact that she can't be alone in ANY room for more than a few minutes without me in her sight (even though it's exhausting sometimes). I love when she laughs so hard at some of the dumbest things I say and do (she thinks I'm a great comedian). The list can go on and on... my favorite things about my goose. But my ultimate favorite is to watch Braylin and her Daddy play and how her eyes dance at the pure sight of him.  Or how he can walk in the room and her how her face can go from mad to glorious and happy. She loves her Daddy. MELT ME TO PIECES. I fall in-love all over again with BOTH of my number ones!



Braylin turning two means it has been TWO YEARS since my tiny little 1 pounder entered this world and answered prayers. TWO YEARS since that daily, 35 minute drive, to Harris Hospital NICU and  those 40 days of being without my new baby. WOW. I can't believe it. It seems impossible that time can pass that quickly.  Who would ever look at Miss B now and believe that she was born at 1lb 7 oz, 12 inches long??!!? She's perfect. Healthy. We couldn't ask for anymore. Oh, my precious, precious angel. What a blessing. It's hard to imagine what life ever meant before God sent this tiny, but abundant blessing. Glory to God!

TWO YEARS IN REVIEW:
10-9-10
Her arm was no bigger around than my finger
10-9-11
She had us all wrapped around her finger
10-9-12
She can hold up two fingers and say she's two,
but this was all I could get!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRAYLIN JAE!



BEAUTY AT ITS BEST. 
Watching you grow, thrive, and just be YOU
is of our greatest blessings.
You are precious and we wish you so many more
years of GROWING, THRIVING, AND BEING YOU.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRAYLIN JAE! 










No comments:

Post a Comment