We have so much to be thankful for, not just during the holidays but year round. Our little family has been blessed abundantly. The three best blessings are our kids! My brother, sister, and I were raised in a very tight knit family and we have always had a close relationship. I didn't think it could get any better until we had kids of our own... and it GETS BETTER. It's soooo much fun to watch each other's kids plan and interact. If you watch closely you can most definitely see a little A LOT of ourselves in each one. It's like re-living our childhood. Amazing. Take one look into our eyes, when playing with all of our kids, and you can see Joe Jerren, Jalee, and myself go back about 25 years in time. These kiddos are our world. And isn't that the way that it should be. Talk about blessed.
There are countless amount of blessings big and small to be thankful for, and I could never fit all of them into a blog. But here are just a few of the most recent moments in life that bring me and my little family lots of smiles. Big and small. Quiet and loud. This is what makes our world turn:
THIS IS THE NEWEST ADDITION TO THE BARNES GRANDKID SQUAD:
Bryce Adrian Vasquez.
He looks just like his Momma right now! I wish I had her newborn pic to show a comparison.
It's amazing! Jalee's got her hands full but look at the great gifts filling her hands.
![]() |
| in-love with this lil monkey! This is when he was brand new and still in the hospital. Believe me... HE'S A CHUNK NOW! |
Braylin and I were both pretty sick during a week and half span of time.
It was the sickest I had been in almost 2 years. But with snot faces and all, coughs, fever, etc...
This little girl can still smile and fill me with joy no matter what.
Just what the doctor ordered!
Because Braylin was such a tiny preemie, there were and
still may be side effects. BUT as for now, she's pretty normal and
a lot smart for her age! If you look closely, you can see each page of doodles.
Every page has the same doodle over and over again. Too funny!
And look at that grip! I didn't teach her how to hold a pen...
guess it just comes natural to a baby genius! (I kid!!!)
BAM!
Recently, I walked into the kitchen to find Braylin....
I guess she really needed into a certain drawer, THAT SHE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO REACH.
(MISS INDEPENDENT)
She problem solved, put together a plan, got the stool out of the closet, and carried it herself.
No worries. She's got this!
This is the beginning of a new era, I'm afraid.
But HOW CUTE IS SHE!!!!!
Papa Mike gave Braylin some dancing elves for her birthday.
We placed them under the tree to watch over our presents.
She likes them but was DEATHLY SCARED of them in the beginning.
Sooooo she had to get on Daddy's back, they army crawled to the tree, counted to 3,
pressed the button, and hurriedly got back to watch the show. So so so funny! I needed a
video of it to ge the real feel for how funny this really was, because eventually Braylin would army
crawl at Jared's side to sneak-up!
![]() |
| army crawling on daddys back--- then jump back to watch the elves do their thang! |
There was lotsa love in Andrews, Texas over Thanksgiving week! Braylin, Cannon, Austin, and Brycer got 3 days of play together. Man, did this little girl LOVE her time with her cousins, aunts, and uncles! She even got some one on one with Nonnye and Papa Joe. What a perfect week of spending time with some of our biggest blessings!
| Braylin and Cannon playing ball with Dolly-Doo-Doo! |
| "aaaaaaaghhhhh!" |
| silly girl |
| Aust showing Bray everything she should know about tractors and backhoes and such. Braylin has the "brrrrrrrgg" sound down really well. Well done, Aust! |
![]() |
| cookie party face |
![]() |
| popcorn party before the BIG Thanksgiving feast |
![]() |
| postfeast BATH |
![]() |
| BRYCER, MONK FACE! |
![]() |
| I REALLY WANTED TO TAKE THIS HOME WITH ME! |
Braylin and I built a tent in the living room! Oh my, how I love playing with this little girl. Look at her little face!!!! These little moments are some of my top faves. I can't get enough sometimes!













No comments:
Post a Comment