You are 27 months old this month. 32 inches tall and 25 lbs. Time flies faster and faster as you get older. How can that be? It's unbelievable how you change so quickly... and how you learn so much SO fast. My 1 pound preemie baby has disappeared. Those hospital pictures are merely sweet memories that in fact are beginning to seem like they never happend. It doesn't seem possible that YOU entered the world so tiny and sick. You were born strong. And you have not changed in that perspective at all. Now we have this beautiful, perky, two year old. An everyday blessing. An everyday workout. An everyday challenge. An everyday smile. An everyday reminder of our faith. Our gift.
Braylin, my hopes for you are huge. My dreams for you are infinite. You will see many, many new years and I hope that with each one, you grow, you seek, you filter, and continue to follow that distinct path that your Mighty God paved for YOU.
Though they may not be life changing, I believe every New Year may start off with a clearer future if you might keep these few wise words in mind. With love and a few ideas stolen from other loved ones in the fam... Happy ALWAYS New Year, my baby girl:
- #1 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. *Proverbs 3:6
- Trust in God always. He knows the path you are meant to walk.
- You are beautiful JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. There is a boy out there who will think just the same. Its worth the wait, I promise.
- Be STRONG. You were born that way.
- Your love story will be it's own fairytale, and your favorite, but never expect "Cinderella". That would be boring and without adventure.
- Marriage is ALWAYS a work in progress. Your love will grow but you must never give up working to make it better even on those hard days (hint: there will be hard days).
- Forgive yourself of the mistakes you make and grow!
- Your story is a huge testament of our FAITH. Share it. Never forget it.
- You will only have a handful of TRUE friends in your lifetime. Cherish them.
- Pray for those who say ugly things about you.
- When you are spoken to, use eye contact. LISTEN. Have the time (and the courtesy!).
- Your Daddy and I will love you forever. No matter what.
- Closing the door and crying-it-all-out is perfectly healthy sometimes.
- If it makes you uncomfortable, DON'T DO IT.
- If it sounds too good to be true... IT PROBABLY IS. Walk away.
- God is perfect. Don't expect anything else to be.
- You will never be too old to share those sweet kisses with me. Nor will I.
- Give to others. The smiles in return are worth it.
- Don't expect anything. Do it yourself and you won't be disappointed.
- Chocolate is the cure for LOTS of things.
- Just be nice.
- Show up early.
- You are you. And the most beautiful you. Don't change you. Be the best you. People will see you for you and LOVE you the BEST.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
You are growing so fast. I'm so glad I can stay home with you to watch it all happen in front of my own eyes. Every part of you blows us away every single day. You never seize to amaze us.
You are bright, cute, strong willed, sweet, loving, busy, and full of personality. You make me smile the kind of smile only you can make me smile. Your vocabulary is growing rapidly. You repeat everything. EVERYTHING. Right now, I especially love when you say:
You are bright, cute, strong willed, sweet, loving, busy, and full of personality. You make me smile the kind of smile only you can make me smile. Your vocabulary is growing rapidly. You repeat everything. EVERYTHING. Right now, I especially love when you say:
" I wuv you too, Momma."
" Daddy at wuk (work)."
" I sowee, Momma."
" I put on my may-mup (makeup)."
" I not want these boots!" (the first time to disagree with how I dressed you 12-20-12)
" I want Sunsine, Momma" (When you want me to sing "you are my sunshine" at night-night time)
" No kitthes, Bibi!" ( No kisses, Fibi)
" Daddy, are you? I dont' know." (you answer your own questions often--- too funny! )
and when you sing Twinkle, Twinkle, lil Star
and when you are walking around the house singing almost every word of, You are my sunshine
and when you sing your ABC's (which include a lot of letters in your very own order!!)
and when you sing in the car to songs you don't know, but always seem to get that last word and sing it really loud!
and when you walk around the house holding any object as your phone and talk to Nonnye, "Hi Nonnye! Gibber Gibber Gibberish. Ok, Bye!" over and over.
" I want Sunsine, Momma" (When you want me to sing "you are my sunshine" at night-night time)
" No kitthes, Bibi!" ( No kisses, Fibi)
" Daddy, are you? I dont' know." (you answer your own questions often--- too funny! )
and when you sing Twinkle, Twinkle, lil Star
and when you are walking around the house singing almost every word of, You are my sunshine
and when you sing your ABC's (which include a lot of letters in your very own order!!)
and when you sing in the car to songs you don't know, but always seem to get that last word and sing it really loud!
and when you walk around the house holding any object as your phone and talk to Nonnye, "Hi Nonnye! Gibber Gibber Gibberish. Ok, Bye!" over and over.
Happy New year, my loves.


No comments:
Post a Comment