A mother loves unconditionally. She is selfless and nurturing. She is understanding and patient. A momma is attentive, loving, caring, and constantly providing. A mother is strong. A mother is blessed.
It is a gift. It's a gift from God. Nobody could have possibly prepared or even hinted to me how being a mother changes you. You think you know, but until that 1st little kick inside the womb, that first breath of air they take, that first little cry... your heart cannot truly fathom how GREAT THIS LOVE can be. It's a love that explodes. All of the sudden your SELF is not important anymore. That child becomes your whole being. An overwhelming goodness. Goodness. Only God himself could have possibly wrapped such a beautiful and perfect gift.
Until I became a mother I didn't have full appreciation for what my own mother and grandmother and any other mother figure GAVE. Until I was a mother there was no way that I could have understood the full definition of unconditional love. Miss Braylin Jae Percifull has made me realize more about unconditional love than anybody could ever have explained. No matter what I look like, smell like, what I wear, what I drive, what I say, etc.... THAT LITTLE GIRL loves her momma. She counts on me. She relies on me and she always trusts.
After having a baby, all of the sudden, life became full circle... I understood my mom. I finally comprehended and realized exactly the kind of love she had for her 3 children. There is no possible way to repay a mother for what they GIVE AND GIVE AND GIVE. It's a job and there is NEVER time off. Even when you get "time off" you don't have time off! There is always that constant worry and concern for your children. Sun-up to sun down. The clock doesn't stop. The job qualifications of a mother may sound horrendous when written on paper: 24 hour duty, sometimes no lunch, little sleep, little to no vacation time, must have managing qualities, nursing qualities, counseling and psychology, training, cooking, cleaning, willingness to travel, teaching... NEED I CONTINUE??
And it's a job I'd apply for over, and over, and over, BECAUSE IT'S THE HIGHEST PAYING JOB I'VE EVER HAD!
My mom and my grandmother provided as great models because they made the MOMMA JOB seem simple. Although it's never easy, I know that they also realized that it was one of their greatest blessings. Thank you. And thank you to my mother-in-law who also models those outstanding job qualities to me. She raised 3 successful boys and I can sure learn a thing or two from that busy momma. Thank each of you. There are no amount of words to express the love and gratitude you deserve. Hopefully I can show my deep appreciation by carrying on and being even half the mother you were to me, to my own sweet Braylin.
So in celebration of mom's and especially MY MOMMA...
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
THIS VIDEO IS SWEET.
"May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience." (Colossians 1:11)
| My Nanny is very special to me and has had a large hand in making me who I am today. Thank you and I love you a bushel and a peck! |
| My MOMMA. She's beautiful inside and out. Thank you for your enduring love and friendship. And mostly thank you for teaching me to "Mow my own yard, no matter what!" haha! |
![]() |
| I LOVE YOU MOM! |



No comments:
Post a Comment