About a week ago Braylin came to Jared and I and simply stated, "I want Momma and Daddy to watch me poop on the potty!"
Huh? Excuse me? Did I hear you correctly? I've been trying to potty train this girl since she was TWO! I had just decided that I'd still be changing diapers until she was 20 (well, thats just gross!). I felt like every single person that realized she was still in diapers was judging me and secretly crowning me with bad mother of the century. Her pediatrician kept telling me to DROP the whole subject and just leave it all up to Braylin. "She's strong willed and you will just have to let Braylin decided when she's ready!"
Oh sheesh!
All in due time... my "patience" paid off, because that particular day that Miss B kindly asked us to watch her on the potty... IT HAPPENED! SHE DID IT! And she has been picking out her own PANTIES for a whole week! No diapers. IT'S REAL!!! I think my girl is officially potty trained!
"BUY HER SOME NEW PRETTY PANTIES!"
"Tell it on the tallest mountain!"
"GET HER A PRIZE!"
"KINDLY FOLLOW HER WHEN SHE'S READY TO SHOW YOU HER "PRIZE" IN THE POTTY AND CELEBRATE EVERY SINGLE TIME!"
"AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ORDER THE GIRL SOME JUGGLE BUBBLES!"
(she has apparently seen this commercial while watching cartoons and it's the only thing in the world that she wants for pooping on the potty! So be it, Braylin! So be it.)
![]() |
| delivered soon to the Percifull household |



No comments:
Post a Comment