Five years ago when I held my baby, five years ahead seemed forever away. I didn't worry about the future and what it would be like to send her to school. I was perfectly comfortable having her at home with me every day with a job to love on her, make her feel safe, and fill her with knowledge. Well, those five years FLEEEWWWWW by.
It's a week before my baby girl starts kindergarten and we are ready... she picked out her school supplies, we've got some sharp looking school clothes and shoes, and we even have her lunch box choices lined-out. But my heart is not ready! I had NO IDEA that I would struggle with letting my baby go. Go? Okay, I'm not letting her go! But my daily partner in crime will not be here doing life with me all day. She no longer relies on only me to love and teach her, and it kind of hurts my feelings. Am I ridiculous? She will be SOMEBODY ELSES child 5 days a week for 7 1/2 hours! I will have PLENTY to do during the week, so it has nothing to do with "what I will do with my time". It's simply allowing her to spread her wings and learn independence away from the shelter of Momma. I've prayed and I'm preparing my game face for the first day of school. I'll be strong and I know that she will LOVE school... but nobody worry if you happen to see my head hung for a few minutes in my parked car. I'll be okay!
![]() |
| a dear friend sent Braylin these books. We are reading and learning about Kindergarten to prepare both of us for the big day! |
![]() |
| She had FUN picking out school supplies! |
![]() |
| So exciting to take markers!! |
The last 5 years at home with Braylin have been the most blessed and rewarding years of my whole life. Blessed without measure! I could never have imagined a more perfect way to begin motherhood. And so I'll dry-up my tears and look at this upcoming transition as another journey with my girl and look forward to the many more adventures we will have together. My job never ends, but it will continue to change. Change is good. Change is healthy. My prayer is that God will guide both of us. May His plan proceed to unfold.
A friend and colleage at the school I tutor at posted the blog below on Facebook. She posted it with great timing for me because I had had a rough day as the realization hit me that KINDER WAS COMING.
It's a great read for all transitions in motherhood. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did (click below):
Putting the Basket in the Water




No comments:
Post a Comment