
This time of year, in a teacher's world, is very stressful. We work all year long to train and prepare our kiddos for the almighty, TAKS TEST! The time is nearing as the test dates are the last week of April. As the weather changes and Mr. Sun begins to shine more and more, 11-12 year olds begin to morph closer and closer to 7th graders. If you don't know what that means... imagine 200+ 6th graders running around with devil horns! I'm not kidding! There is just sooo much going on at school and it consumes me. PERIOD. Stress level is on red alert--- high!
At church this morning we talked about "SIMPLIFYING" your life. Of course in my head, I was thinking, "Yeh right, not gonna happen in April!". In that small hour, my attitude changed drastically. The simple truth was:
"When you give your life's attention to Jesus, He will make clear your
life's direction. Hebrew 12:1-3"
life's direction. Hebrew 12:1-3"
As I listened, my list of things-to-do became a bit smaller.
I began to think about the gift of salvation. I revisted our place on this earth. I thought of all I can easily do without --- declutter my life physically, mentally, and emotionally. I became overwhelmed at first, but I don't think its supposed to be that hard. Ya know, I always say my favorite time of year is Fall, but Spring is very close. Spring time is a time of renewal. This weekend, as we took a roadtrip to San Angelo for the Percifull Easter -gathering, I stared out at the beautiful flowers, baby sheep, baby cows, and the sprinkle of green throughout. Everything that was brown and dead is beginning a new life! The air outside even seems like a new air!! Everything is so fresh! I even have the most beautiful flowers in my front-yard flower bed (picture above). I think they are so beautiful because I picked weeds (decluttered) and they are able to breath and thrive.
So as we exited the church parking lot I became in "declutter mode". EPIPHANY!! First I would start with cleaning my closet, bathroom drawers, a few kitchen drawers... it always feels good to declutter your home. (DON'T LAUGH... I HAVE A POINT!) As I worked on that, I mentally decluttered and prayed that God would allow me the strength. I prayed for guidance as I will continue to face speedbumps and road signs that will distract me. I think as we focus on God and what he wants from us- it will become easier to rid of actions, thoughts, feelings, etc that blind us from the light--- and therefore it will become easier to declutter the sin from our lives!
So my declutter adventure begins. Life doesn't HAVE to be so stuffy! Dare ya to join me! :)
Happy Easter! Thank you Lord.
So my declutter adventure begins. Life doesn't HAVE to be so stuffy! Dare ya to join me! :)
Happy Easter! Thank you Lord.
I will join!!
ReplyDeleteI'm reading back through your blog - obviously! Funny b/c I just spent time with a friend who's lived in Nicaruaga (sp?) for 4 years. She lived there doing a documentary on surfing - and talk about motivating me to "declutter" my home!!! She owns/has nothing because of the time she's spent traveling. Now she's back and getting ready to settle down but I came home from my visit with her and thought of all the "junk" I harbor! I started with the three junk drawers in the kitchen and I plan to do a room or "section" this summer! Thanks for the analogy of "decluttering" my mind as well. I needed that.
ReplyDelete