....

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

5 Months Old

 5 Months Old
March 9, 2011
(check-up on Thursday, but you should weigh about 11 pounds)
Yay for 5 months!

I do believe we are gettin' some chubs.



Dear Braylin,

Oh, how you are changing. It's hard to believe now that you were only 1 pound at birth. You have definitely come full fledged out of your shell. You are smiling and talking to the whole world. Actually, you are quite the chatterbox! Your little voice is so adorable and I tear-up every time you talk to me in that soft, high-pitched tone. You have a distinct personality that could only be created by God himself. You are an amazing little one, and I love you the way I never knew I could love another person. I love your look. I love your scent. I love those big eyes. I love the way you turn your head to look at something. I love your blink. I love your cute little mouth. I especially love how your little body is always running, running, running! You are a treasure from the heavens. Daddy and I are so blessed.

You are no longer a cuddly infant that just sleeps all day and stares at the ceiling. You enjoy talking to Momma and experimenting with sounds we can make (sorry to any "flies on the wall"... we can be really silly sometimes). I never knew a baby could be so LOUD. You also really like your jungle gym. You have some pretty amazing conversations with your toys. Makes me smile! You also LOVE to sit in your swing and watch your Baby Einstein video. Well... actually the T.V. will catch your eye at anytime of day. There are still so many things to discover. I love seeing your face when you notice something new. Priceless.
Fibi checking you out-
You checking Fibi out

Sometimes I just want you to be still so I can HOLD you and admire your little self.... but NOPE. You don't like it and you have to be moving at every waking second. In fact, you will let me know pretty quickly if you are not being held the way you like it. At least I always know that if you are mad, I usually just need to change your position and the screaming will stop. Just like that! You mostly like to face frontward and bounce if you are being held. You love to bounce. Bouncing will keep you happy 95% of the time.

Chilln' with Momma

Daddy the "burp expert"

You HATE tummy time. You scream and toss and turn. Your face turns bright red and your feet are practically cursing as they jolt back and forth. The doctor says we have to do it everyday so that your little muscles will get stronger. You have been pretty good at holding your head up, but you usually just hold your head up for a few seconds and that's it. March 8,2011 you conquered it... you showed Momma and Daddy at the same time that you ARE a strong little one! You not only pushed off the ground-- you pushed all the way to your belly button, arms locked, and just looked around! OMG! The biggest girl! I couldn't believe it. Then you did it again! Of course it was making you a little frustrated so you pushed a little too hard and TURNED OVER!!!! Icing on the cake. It was great (and I'm a dork because I'm even smiling at the computer while I type this!).We have to remember that gestationally you are really only 3 months, so that's all we can expect you to do. You are doing everything a 3 monther should and a little more, so no worries for now. Doctor Watts says that by the end of the month you should be pushing up to breast level and grabbing for toys. Now THAT makes me a little nervous, but the teacher in me (which I think you will hate someday) keeps you practicing and stimulated so that we will reach that goal--- with that said you could be reading and writing by the time you are 1.

Poop is kind of a big deal in our house. Yes, POOP. In short: you do it--- we celebrate.

You are sleeping so much better at night. For now, we still have to have a milk snack every 3 hours during the day and every 4 at night. We were going longer during the night, but at your weight-check-up, you didn't gain the weight we expected... so back to every 4 hours. You take a couple of naps during the day and every once in a while you will sleep more than that (I think those are the days that you grow the most). You have started to DROOL everywhere. Your clothes suffer the consequences.  Doc says its because your bottom gums are beginning to get thicker. You may not get a tooth for a while, but the process has begun. You are constantly chewing on your tongue or have a hand in your mouth. Silly, silly girl.

You love bath time. You hate putting clothes on. You love getting a milk snack. You hate the whole burping process and being confined to that one position for very long. You love going outside on pretty days. You hate strolling on smooth surfaces. You love talking to Momma and creating new sounds. You hate to be left alone for very long. You love listening to The Beatles lullaby renditions at nappy time. You hate when Fibi barks (it makes your lip come out really, really far).

 
You are precious. You are perfect. I cannot imagine my life without you. Here is to another month of growing and proving to the whole world what a determined little girl you are.

Always,
Momma


OUR PRECIOUS GIft

Talk Time with Momma
(clothes credited to MarMar)
(babiest Flip-Flops credited to Nonnye)


And OH, THAT DIMPLE!



I know...I know!!
CUTEST SHOES EVER!

Who are we kidding?
We aren't ALWAYS happy!

1 comment:

  1. she is absolutely precious!!! lol lol isn't funny how we become masters of poop as mommies!

    ReplyDelete