....

Monday, April 25, 2011

Westward Bound

Braylin and I took our second roadtrip to Lubbock, Texas to stay with Nonnye and visit with my family. I was prepared for quite an "interesting" drive, but Braylin surprised me and slept most of the way there. We made one stop for a quick milk-snack and zipped the rest of the way with only a 20 minute tantrum in between. With such a LONG and dreaded drive, we packed for a week stay.

We had quite a few adventures while in LBK. Braylin seems to change everyday.  She wakes up each morning and has a whole new bag of tricks to show everybody. She cracks me up with her cute and devilish personality! She's reaching and putting toys in her mouth, she's talking and blabbing new sounds in her own little Braylin language, and pushing up so well. A small stay away from home and Daddy will not even recognize this baby. She's a whole new self!

Annnnd she'll be coming home with a whole new wardrobe.... MarMar set Braylin up with a very cute Easter prize and some new cute clothes before we even left Granbury. Then Nonnye and Aunt Linds also fixed her up with even more clothes when we got to Lubbock! Let's just say that Braylin will be rockin' some of the cutest outfits evvvver. I must admit (Jared, I'm sorry if you are reading this) that I also couldn't resist temptation and bought Braylin MORE bows, a couple of summer outfits, some toys, and some other baby gadgets. This girl is going to make me get in baaaaad trouble with Daddy one of these days.
Just remember--- ITS HER FAULT! She makes me do it!

I could ALSO be coming home with a few extra pounds. My family LOVES to eat. We are planning our next meal as we eat the one in front of us. It's ridiculous, I know. In short, there isn't much that we will turn down... and on top of that, since this was a holiday weekend, we had to have several desserts after several meals. Oh, my... I guess I'll have to stroll Braylin around the block a few extra laps.

I miss my family back west. I enjoy every second that I get to spend with all of them (even if it does mean that I must get sand blasted in the West Texas wind). I miss Jared when I'm away, but I sure love going back to my roots every once in a while. They are the "house" that built me.
 
LUBBOCK DAYZ:
Lindsey and Joe Cannon got to come up to Lubbock to meet us!
I LOOOOOOOOVE ME SOME JOE CANNON!
He wasn't too sure about Braylin and how she took a little of his momma's attention from him, but every once in a while he'd slow down
long enough to be just a little bit sweet to Bray. ha! ha! 
We had a blast with him as always!
Morning coloring session
Deep thought and consideration for the colors we should use
Cannon helping Braylin with her milk-snack
Aunt Linds has a very comfortable lap!
(actually Joe Cannon didn't like Braylin hogging his momma!!!)
Best Aunt Linds Evver.
Thanks for all of our prizes.
Love!
~INTERMISSION~
CANNON AND Aunt CHRISSIE PHOTO SHOOT

Papa Joe also drove up to see us while we were in Lubbock.
 He took us out for a steak dinner,
and couldn't even believe how much Braylin had grown!
Braylin LOVED bouncing on Papa Joe's lap.
Hi Papa Joe!


Papa Joe really loves Braylin's "headdress"
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

I love you, Dad!!!!
This is Braylin's 3RD CEREAL SNACK EVER!
SHE IS DOING SO WELL WITH HER CEREAL AND SHE'S really, really CUTE
WHILE MAKING HER sloppy face MESS TOO.
Bite?!

Yummo!
Braylin even took a few trips around the big ole city of Lubbock
Prepared for some serious shopping
Shoe shopping?
Yes, please!
LOVE THE NONNYE


Easter Day
We Sure Love You Nonnye!



1 comment:

  1. Could this little angel get any cuter??? She is a doll....Thank you for sharing with all of us.....Where do you get those precious shoes? Love all the pictures....
    Sonya Brame

    ReplyDelete