Dear Braylin,
My, my, my... it's hard to believe that we have already started cereal, baby food, and we finally have a formula that WORKS (knock on wood). So far we have tried apple sauce, sweet potatoes, squash, and peas. All are yummy EXCEPT peas. GROSS! It seems just yesterday we were in NICU and proud that you were taking 5 milliliters of milk through a feeding tube (you take that much medicine now). We have traveled leaps and bounds since then! You go, baby girl!
As your mother I could not be more proud of such a lovely, lively, little girl that keeps me smiling (and laughing hysterically). Your personality is definitely on the vibrant side of the color chart. I can just see our future... and I have a strong feeling that my feet will only get busier with time. I keep saying that you are going to be that child that we tell, "No!" and you will look at us and do it anyway to get a reaction. MARK MY WORDS.... "strong-willed" should have been your middle name. I keep telling people how high-maintenance and demanding you are. They think I'm exaggerating... UNTIL they see it for themselves. Although, I can say I have learned "patience" in a whole new way and definition. I surprise MYSELF sometimes at my ability to "wait" on you. As my Great-Nanny, your great-great grandmother, used to say, "There's a lot of lil' switches growing down on the branch for that!". I"m afraid those "switches" are growing just for Braylin! ha ha ha! I joke.
Last weight check you were 14 pounds 3 ounces (4 days ago). We will do another check in a couple of days. You were in the 8th percentile then, and I have a strong feeling that the line on the chart may shoot STRAIGHT UP at the next check-up. You are, no doubt, doing well at storing up for the winter! I see new rolls forming on your arms or legs as we speak. I just love it!
You are doing amazingly well at pushing up. Yes, you still hate it, but you are able to turn over and end the misery. You are getting better and better at sitting with little support. SO SO CUTE! And though it may get me in trouble with several different people, you also love to stand up (supported AND leaning against something sturdy). You love it more than any other position and believe it or not, you're really good at it. You get rather angry with me if I change you back to BABY POSITION. I'm very afraid that you will walk before you crawl. Boy, oh boy will your doctor and therapist frown upon that!
And on this very special Sunday, May 8th. You made your 1st debut at church! And how better to show your face than to start with introducing you to the congregation in a "Child Dedication Ceremony". You were beautiful and it was quite an emotional (happy) moment. Our Heavenly Father blessed us with a gift that we were convinced we'd never have. We have learned so much from your coming. FAITH. HOPE. LOVE. They are no longer just beautiful words from the Bible. They are the footsteps walk with and survive by.
(pictures to come)
I LOVE YOU, BABYDOLL.
FIRST SWEET POTATO SNACK
![]() |
| ~ First bite~ Surprised? Shocked? Need help??? |
![]() |
Hmmmmm... this is kind of tasty. |
![]() |
| MORE PLEASE! |
PLAY TIME!
![]() |
| Are you gettin' this Momma??? |

This was a very special Mother's Day. I'm so blessed to be Braylin's momma. She's my little miracle.
Now that I am a mother, I understand, and at the same time I am blown away at the abilities of my own mother. She's an angel. We are so blessed to have a mom who is always there to help guide us through this life. There is not a sticker in the foot, a cloudy day, nor mountain to climb when we cannot count on Mom to be there.
Now that I am a mother, I understand, and at the same time I am blown away at the abilities of my own mother. She's an angel. We are so blessed to have a mom who is always there to help guide us through this life. There is not a sticker in the foot, a cloudy day, nor mountain to climb when we cannot count on Mom to be there.
My brother, sister, and I ARE WHO WE ARE because of her tough hand and her soft touch.
The grandkids are the luckiest.
The grandkids are the luckiest.
Mom~ you are precious. Thank you for your unconditional ability to love, guide, and push us always.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
Women as the guardians of children possess a great power. They are the molders of their children's personalities and the arbiters of their development.-Ann Oakley
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
-Washington Irving


















No comments:
Post a Comment