....

Friday, July 8, 2011

9 Months


HAPPY 9 MONTHS,  MY LIL' MUNCHKIN-LAND!
 I usually write Braylin a letter... but as I continue to reflect on our journey, first to get pregnant with Braylin, and then to have a healthy baby, after delivering her 10 weeks early at only 1pound, AND 9 months later have a healthy, growing little girl.... we are so blessed and I feel it necessary to stand on the highest mountain and shout it out:

 God sure knows what he's doing. 

 I am so VERY blessed to be able to stay home with Braylin. I loved teaching and someday I will return, but for now "Momma" is my job-- and I'm pretty passionate about what I do. I never realized, until I had my own child, how FAST they change. Everyday is a new day. I couldn't imagine dropping her off at daycare and missing her very first giggle, muttering a new sound, or the first time she makes a brand new, ugly, face. ha! ha!  These small moments make me the happiest (thank you Jared for allowing me to be a stay-home-momma). I don't even remember the first couple of months being home with a new baby. Months seemed like weeks and weeks like days. Fast, fast, fast.  Where did the time go? It seems impossible that I brought home a 4 pounder. And now look at where we are. Whew! Life has zoomed by us. Greatest and craziest year of my entire life.

Love has a brand new meaning when you have a child. You know when people say, "I would die for him/her!"? Well, NOW I truly know the nitty-gritty meaning,   because I would totally give my life for Braylin's well being and safety. It's nothing I have to think about or try and make since of in my head. It's natural. It's a reflex. It's love like I never knew. If you are a mother, you know.  The other day we were sitting in the grass and a bee flew up to visit. Usually I would SPRINT away, arms flapping in the wind, and act a fool to get as far away as possible. But now, with Braylin, my first reaction is to slap the bee with my bare hands and do anything possible to keep it away from my precious. I feel I may be "slapping bees" for the rest of our lives. That's what Mommas do! Braylin is my gift from God and I will always and forever, or as long as she will allow,  protect her from life's stings. What a gift to be a mother. What a gift to be a mother to Miss Braylin Jae.
Praise God.
HAPPY 9 MONTHS, BRAY.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.- Isaiah 55:12

Her accessories seemed to be a
distraction during our photo shoot...

so i took them away for just a second...

she did NOT appreciate that.

Needless to say...

"Thanks Momma!"
~SPOILED ROTTEN~


1 comment:

  1. sweet, sweet, sweet! happy 9 months, braylin! -lissa o.

    ReplyDelete