....

Monday, July 18, 2011

Breaking Rules

Braylin has been battling with sore gummies for quite some time now. Biting and chewing on everything in sight. On her crazy days, she may even chew on your cheek---anything is up for grabs! My mom and grandmother both assured me that there was NO way Bray could get teeth so early, because I didn't get a tooth until after I was one! But Lil' Miss Bray proved THEM wrong. She woke up with one little corner of a tooth, shining it's bright self above the gums, on July 14th. Two days later, could you imagine, A NEIGHBOR doing the same thing. TWO teeth coming in at 9 mths old!?! Wow!
My little NICU baby is growing into a big girl----- WITH TEETH! I never even saw it coming.



No, she still does not "take" a pacifier, she
just likes to chew on them.

So on this remarkable milestone, I thought it was time for a new toy! At Braylin's 9 mth check-up, her doctor told me that it was perfectly fine that Braylin wants to WALK before crawling. She said some kids never crawl at all. Whaaaaaat??? The ECI therapist, whom I've invited a couple of times to "check" on Braylin, said kids MUST crawl or they will be horrible at Math (Mom,  is that what happened to me???). Doctor Watts' words, "Don't worry! That is an old wives tale, and Braylin needs to work on standing up to strenghthen her legs for pulling-up and walking".  That's all I need to hear--- and Braylin is verrrrry happy about this news! So, a new toy it is! One that requires Braylin to STAND-UP!  I guess the subject is up for argument, but I'll stick to a doctor's words and I'll let you know how Braylin's math skills are later.

 Proud to finally be standing.

DETERMINATION

Sometimes we fall

... and we get back up!

2 comments:

  1. Not good at math... Because of crawling?!!! That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!!! I thought callyn would skip crawling... Turned out she it just before her first birthday and then walked about 3 weeks later!

    ReplyDelete