"She's 10 months old."
"My goodness she is so tiny!"
"Yes ma'am, she was only 1 pound when she was born... we are doing a little catch-up."
"WOW, what a little angel! Is she crawling yet?"
This is a common conversation we have with strangers when going to the grocery store, and I'm used to it. But what bothers me the most is the concerned look I get when I tell that stranger,"Nope, she's not
crawling yet."
You know, that face that speaks concern or worry. Are they disappointed? Do they really care? Do they even realize? I know I probably over analyze and I shouldn't care what others think. Defensive? Maybe!!!! But not anymore...
BECAUSE.....GUESS WHAT!? That is the last time I will ever have that conversation with anybody! Because 2 days after that exact chat, at Kroger grocery store, MISS BRAYLIN BEGAN CRAWLING!
| Crawling. ALWAYS on a mission. |
YOU'RE MY GIRL, BRAY!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Braylin,
I cannot even believe that you are almost 1 year old! Beautiful birthday plans are in the works. I'm so very excited to host your very first party. Crazy, crazy, crazy. It's hard to believe, still sometimes, that I'm a momma.
In a nutshell, you have conquered your little world. You are able to do twice as much as you could last month. It's crazy how each day is a brand new day. A whole new bag of tricks! The first time you crawled was in your bedroom floor. The lotion bottle is nothing new. You see it every day, two times a day, but for some reason on one "magical" afternoon, Baby Magic Lotion was so much more interesting. It was so interesting that you decided to pop-up on those knees and crawl right to it. My jaw dropped! You didn't give me any preparation.... you just... DID IT. The next few days you got better and better and now you are all over the house! Unbelievable. All in a weeks time. THEN you all the sudden began pulling-up on toys and furniture. The first time I looked over into the living room and saw you standing next to your toys, I almost burst into tears (happy ones). If that wasn't enough for a mommy to take already, you then learned how to say bye-bye while holding up your hand and waving. Girl, you amaze me. Nope, we didn't stop there...You also have a little vocabulary list:
Fibi is "Aaba"
Bath is "Bap"
"Bye-Bye"
"Hi"
We think you can say "puppy".
When you are crying and upset you yelp out a few "Mums" (what I like to believe is "Momma").
You are also a PRO in your walker. We were all sitting outside (because the weather wasn't above 110 degrees for once) and for the 1st time you finally realized that you can make it move. Forwards. Backwards. Cute as a BUTTON! The walker you are using was a hand-me-down so I think we may have to get you a brand new, hot, pink Mustang walker! Yes, they have them. And you will look GOOOOOD in one of those. Yaaaa-hooooo!
The funniest new thing you do is sit on the tile floor and turn circles! You simply use your little feet and push, push, push, around, around, around, until you've made a full circle without even going anywhere! Oh my goodness it's hilarious ( and very talented at that). If we throw a few balls into the mix, then it becomes a game. You look like a little pinball machine, kicking the balls everywhere! You crack me up, girl!
| Baby Pinball So, so, so funny! |
YOU ARE AN AMAZING BLESSING FROM GOD. You are proof that miracles happen. You are also proof that Mommas don't get enough sleep, because I DON'T GET ENOUGH SLEEP! I'm scared we may have to try the whole "let you cry-it-out thing at night". We've taken backward steps, I'm afraid. In the last week you have been waking up 5-10 times. Whew! I'm not sure where this whole idea came from, but for my sanity you may have to do a little crying. It's about to be time for BEDTIME BOOT CAMP... for both of us. I PROMISE it will hurt me way more than it hurts you (yep, I just said that). I'll probably sleep in the guest room for a week or so until I get you trained to enjoy your nightly slumber in your own bed. Honestly, at this point, you can sleep with Momma and Daddy if you'll just stop waking up!! (side note: I'm beginning to think that your top two teeth are having a HUGE impact on this new behavior. C'mon teeth! Hurry!!!!)
Daddy and I are so proud of your accomplishments. You have conquered some MAJOR milestones within a couple of weeks and that is definitley something to be proud of. Precious. Precious. Precious. I don't even have anymore words... You and Daddy are my world and I'm so blessed. WE are so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment